Wednesday 9 January 2013

Welcome to Kidz Archaeology!

Hello and welcome to the new Kidz Archaeology blog!  I'm Pippa Rochford and I'm new to blogging so you'll have to bear with me whilst I discover what blogging is all about but I know all about Kidz Archaeology and how much fun it is so if you want to find out more...keep reading.  Kidz Archaeology was set up 2 years ago.  It consists of a series of workshops aimed at bringing archaeology into schools and secondly, getting kids out into their local areas to look at the archaeology around them.  It's fun, educational and I have had great take up from schools in the South Pennines area, particularly Wharfedale, Calderdale and Bradford.  In my next blog, I'll tell you more about one of the workshops 'Kidz Digz' where children get to be archaeologists and dig up all sorts of artefacts from flint tools to Roman pottery and Tudor coins to Victorian trinkets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment